If you’re suffering from common hair woes, like dandruff, frizz, split ends and dryness, you don’t have to spend a fortune on expensive hair care products! From simple DIY recipes to natural ingredients with proven benefits, these tried-and-tested methods are here to help solve all your hair problems in a natural and gentle way. Read on to discover the best natural remedies for common hair problems and look forward to great-looking locks.
1. Let Nature Take Care of Your Tresses
1. Have you ever heard of the hack, “letting nature take care of your tresses?” You may have wondered how letting nature take care of your hair could ever be a good thing. Well, the truth is that nature has a lot of amazing benefits for hair health, such as:
- Hydrating and moisturizing oils to keep the natural texture of your hair.
- Herbal treatments to soothe and restore your hair after long days at the beach or in the sun.
- Natural ingredients to help nourish and restore damaged hair.
The best thing about this natural hair care technique is that it requires very little work, and is also very affordable. All you need are some basic ingredients that you can find in your kitchen, such as eggs, olive oil, avocado, and yogurt. Here are some simple yet effective ways to use these ingredients to get healthier hair:
- Eggs: Beat 2-3 eggs and massage your scalp with the mixture. Wrap your hair with a towel and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. This will nourish your hair and stimulate your scalp.
- Olive oil: Massage your scalp with a few drops of olive oil and let sit for a few hours before washing. This will add moisture to dry hair and restore shine.
- Avocado: Mash up an avocado and mix it with a few tablespoons of yogurt. Apply the mixture to wet hair and let sit for half an hour before rinsing. This will help to deeply condition your hair.
Using these natural ingredients regularly will help to keep your tresses looking and feeling healthy. Plus, all of these ingredients are readily available and quite affordable, so you don’t have to worry about breaking the bank. Give it a try and see the benefits for yourself!
2. DIY Hair Solutions for Messy Mornings
Start your day off right with these DIY hair solutions to tackle even the messiest of mornings. Who says you need salon-perfect hair to look great? With these creative morning hacks you’ll have your hair looking effortless and stylish every morning:
- Ponytail: No fuss, just pull back your hair into a low or high ponytail and you’re done. This classic look can be dressed up or down and will be sure to give your hair a break from all the heat styling. Use a thick elastic for extra hold and to keep flyaways at bay.
- Messy Bun: Perfect for when you’re in a rush, just grab a few strands of hair from the top of your head and tie them in a knot. Secure the bun with bobby pins and hairspray and you’re good to go. You can add a headband for a bit of personality.
- Braids and Twists: Braid your hair into two or three sections for a fab look. It’s also a great way to air-dry your hair if you don’t have time for blow-drying. If you’re looking for a more intricate look, try twists. Separate your hair into two or three thick strands and wrap the sections around each other. Secure with bobby pins for extra hold.
When you wake up late and can’t handle any more heat styling, just take solace in the fact that you don’t need it! DIY hairstyles are always in style and are a great way to give your locks the break they deserve. Just remember: no matter how crazy the morning, you’ve got this!
3. Finding Natural Solutions to Common Hair Problems
Having unmanageable hair can be frustrating, but thankfully there are plenty of natural solutions to common hair problems. Keep reading for a look at 3 easy, do-it-yourself ideas to help bring back the health and shine of your locks in no time.
Intense dryness is one of the most common hair issues. A deep conditioning treatment is just the trick to bring life to dull or damaged hair. To create your own natural hair mask, combine 1 mashed up avocado with 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and the juice of 1 lemon. Apply liberally to damp hair, wrap it up in a towel and wait 30 minutes. Rinse off and bask in the shine of your new mane.
Dandruff can be a nuisance, but luckily there are plenty of simple, herbal solutions. To create a dandruff solution, finely mince 6 cloves of garlic and a small handful of fresh rosemary. Boil them in 1 cup of water for about 10 minutes and let cool. Massage the mixture into your scalp, let sit for about 15 minutes. Rinse off, and with regular use, you’ll notice less and less flakes.
Hair Growth Remedy
Hair loss is something we all want to avoid – so regular scalp stimulation is essential. To make your own hair growth remedy, combine:
- 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil
- 2 teaspoons of rosemary oil
- 2 teaspoons of lavender oil
Combine all the ingredients together in a glass container and massage in to your scalp. Wrap your hair up in a warm towel and wait at least 30 minutes before rinsing. With regular use, this is great for encouraging healthy hair growth.
4. The Benefits of Making Your Own Haircare Products
Creating your own haircare products can be fun, economical and healthier for you and your hair than store bought products. Here are some of the benefits of giving it a try.
Making your own haircare products is cost-effective. Most of the necessary ingredients can be found in your kitchen or at reasonable prices in craft stores – and they last for a while. Plus, you can create multiple products for a fraction of the cost of buying them; so, not only are you saving money, but you’re getting more for your money.
Customize Your Products
The great thing about creative your own haircare products is that you have complete control over the ingredients used to make it. That means, if you have a certain allergy or sensitivity, you can avoid using ingredients that would irritate or aggravate that condition. On top of that, you can customize the products to fit your hair and scalp type and/or the style of your hair. This level of customization just isn’t possible with store bought products.
Most store bought haircare products contain a long list of chemicals and preservatives that can be hard to digest, both literally and figuratively. By making your own haircare products, you can go all-natural; that means, your products will contain only natural ingredients and:
- Eliminate harsh chemicals
- Leave out artificial dyes and fragrances
- Help the environment
Your hair will likely take to your homemade haircare products better than store bought ones; not to mention, it’ll benefit from the more natural ingredients.
Is there a DIY remedy that works for your hair problems? Don’t forget to apply the solution to a small patch of your hair to ensure it works for you, and if it does, you will save both time and money, while also treating your hair with natural ingredients that will benefit your scalp, roots, strands, and overall health. Now you are free to experiment on and enjoy your beautiful, healthy, luscious locks!